Friday, February 29, 2008

Introducing The Reviewer

Hello, and welcome.  The purpose of this blog is to bring to you, the readers, a different book review each week, possibly more often, depending on how much time I have on my hands.  The books reviewed here will be primarily Young Adult Fantasy.  However, there may be some variation, depending entirely on what I am currently reading.  I may also occasionally review films.  I have not yet decided on a specific updating schedule, so I'm afraid it will now simply be 'weekly.'  Each review will be roughly a page in length, and will both summarize the book, and express my general opinion and perspective of it.  There will not be any spoilers - any details I give of the book's plot will be the kind found on the back of the book.  I will also be accepting Guest Reviews.  Since I'm already received interest in the submission of guest reviews, I will feature the guidelines here:

Guidelines For Guest Review Submission
1.  Guest Reviews must be a minimum of two paragraphs in length.  There is no maximum length, but 3-4 paragraphs is recommended.
2.  Guest reviews should, in addition to the reviewer's opinions of the book, include a summary, either worked into the review, or from Amazon.
3.  Guest reviews should have decent spelling and grammar.
4.  Guest reviews without spoilers are preferred.  If you wish to contain spoilers, please let me know so that I can post a warning.
5.  If you are submitting a review you have previously written, do not worry about these rules.  If it lacks a summary, needs a spoiler warning, or requires proofreading, I can take care of these things.  
6.  Please send all Guest Review Submissions to forestfaeye@yahoo.com

The first review will be up either later today, or tomorrow.  It will be of Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr.  Thank you for reading.

No comments: